Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed chocolate cookies
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 dash salt
- rounded 1/3 cup sifted flour
- 1 cup softened butter
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- remaining crushed cookie (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed, cream butter till smooth. Add sugars, and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each. Add chocolate (easier when melted), mixing until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the buttermilk and vanilla. Beat until well-mixed, but do not overheat.
- In a separate small bowl, add crushed cookie and melted butter. Stir well, then add the mixture to the bottom of the cupcake papers. Push down until firm.
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake papers, over the cookie bottom, until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick tester comes out clean.
- Whipped Cream Frosting:.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine cream, flour and salt, mix until lumps are dissolved.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon. Cook this until it's thick, and forms a paste like ball that comes away from the sides easily. Remove from pan and allow paste to cool.
- After the paste is cooled, whip the mixture.
- Whip into the paste the butter, then sugar, and vanilla, whipping till each ingredient is incorporated before adding the next.
- Cool mixture, either by freezer or refrigeration, till it hardens.