Recipe by carolinafan
Another Christmas traditional
Top Review by Tamaretta
These were wonderful and very rich. I needed to make a larger amount so I used a 9 X 13 pan and only added a few additional choch chips but since the bars are soooooo rich not sure the extras were really needed. Next time i would also use mini marshmallows just for ease. Thanks for posting our new favorite (and EASY) treat.
- 34 Oreo cookies, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop 8 cookies; set aside.
- Finely crush remaining 26 cookies.
- Mix finely crushed cookies and butter in bowl.
- Press firmly in bottom of greased 8x8x2 inch or 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Place marshmallow creme over crust to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips, nuts and chopped cookies over marshmallow layer, pressing gently.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes or until marshmallow creme puffs slightly.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into triangles or squares to serve.