Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another Christmas traditional
- 34 Oreo cookies, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Coarsely chop 8 cookies; set aside.
- Finely crush remaining 26 cookies.
- Mix finely crushed cookies and butter in bowl.
- Press firmly in bottom of greased 8x8x2 inch or 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Place marshmallow creme over crust to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips, nuts and chopped cookies over marshmallow layer, pressing gently.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes or until marshmallow creme puffs slightly.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into triangles or squares to serve.
These were wonderful and very rich. I needed to make a larger amount so I used a 9 X 13 pan and only added a few additional choch chips but since the bars are soooooo rich not sure the extras were really needed. Next time i would also use mini marshmallows just for ease. Thanks for posting our new favorite (and EASY) treat.
Very easy and fast to make. Thanks for the recipe
Yummmy! Will make these often. I have made these 3 times in the last month.....cant wait to do it again! Thanks