Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the best tasting deserts I've ever had. It's so quick and easy! A family and friend hit ALL THE TIME! At during Halloween, you could decorate with Cool Whip ghosts. For my nieces Birthday party, my sister had a 'garden theme'. She put the servings in individual dishes and hid a gummy worm inside! Was a hit with all of the kids!
- 1 (18 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix (the one that uses 3 c. of milk)
- Crush cookies and mix with butter.
- (You can use either a big ziplock bag with a rolling pin or your food compressor. I prefer the food compressor on low.) Put a little aside to sprinkle on top of your desert.
- Press the rest firmly into the bottom of a 13x9 pan.
- While this is resting, mix cream cheese with ONE 8 oz container of Cool Whip.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spread onto of the cookie crust.
- Prepare pudding according to directions and pour over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Spread remaining 8 oz. container of cool-whip on top of the pudding layer.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cookie crumbs on top of the Cool Whip layer.
- It is not necessary to refrigerate overnight, but it is easier to cut and serve if you do!
I brought this to a Thanksgiving dinner as the "kids" dessert - and everyone, including the adults loved it. It's very much like a mud pie dessert. I have a similar recipe that uses peanut butter mixed in with the cream cheese and coolwhip - that might be a tasty variation!
I have made this for a few dinners now and most everyone loves it (some just don't like cream cheese). You can use the low fat cream cheese and cool whips and it is still very tasty - just add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract to the cream cheese to give it some more flavor. For a fun variation, we also made it in individual clear plastic cups. The layers look so pretty, and you get about 16 cups from it depending on how you scoop. We put each layer into ziploc bags, snipped off a corner, and piped the layers in order to make it layer up cleanly. A big hit! If you have any leftovers, you should eat them within 1-2 days or else the cookies get a little chewy.
Wow, tasty, quick and so easy. This was very good, I only had 3.5 oz of choclate pudding & 3.5 oz of creamcheese pudding, but it didn't change the yummy dessert. This will be made again and again. I usually have these items on hand!