Recipe by Scibba
This is one of the best tasting deserts I've ever had. It's so quick and easy! A family and friend hit ALL THE TIME! At during Halloween, you could decorate with Cool Whip ghosts. For my nieces Birthday party, my sister had a 'garden theme'. She put the servings in individual dishes and hid a gummy worm inside! Was a hit with all of the kids!
Top Review by KLV
I brought this to a Thanksgiving dinner as the "kids" dessert - and everyone, including the adults loved it. It's very much like a mud pie dessert. I have a similar recipe that uses peanut butter mixed in with the cream cheese and coolwhip - that might be a tasty variation!
- 1 (18 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix (the one that uses 3 c. of milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush cookies and mix with butter.
- (You can use either a big ziplock bag with a rolling pin or your food compressor. I prefer the food compressor on low.) Put a little aside to sprinkle on top of your desert.
- Press the rest firmly into the bottom of a 13x9 pan.
- While this is resting, mix cream cheese with ONE 8 oz container of Cool Whip.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spread onto of the cookie crust.
- Prepare pudding according to directions and pour over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Spread remaining 8 oz. container of cool-whip on top of the pudding layer.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cookie crumbs on top of the Cool Whip layer.
- It is not necessary to refrigerate overnight, but it is easier to cut and serve if you do!