Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
We made over 300 of these cookies for a school function. This recipe is simple to make and will not fail if you follow the recipe. Note the extra tips at the end of the recipe. Make them as large as you wish.
- 2 (1020.58 g) package devil's food cake mix
- 158.51 ml cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 29.58 ml water
- 340.19 g canwhite icing
- Pkg. size are approximate as I converted from metric.
- Pour the cake mixes into a large mixing bowl, whip through the dry mixture with a whisk breaking up the lumps.
- In a separate bowl, stir the remaining ingredients together, then add to the cake mix, stirring with a wooden spoon until smooth and moist.
- Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Roll the dough into balls the size of an egg.
- Place 12 on a sheet, press down just slightly with 2 fingers.
- Bake at 325°F for 12 minutes.
- Let them cool on the pans for 5 minutes before removing.
- Let cool at least another 10 minutes, then frost one side with canned frosting.
- Tips: I've tried several different brands of cake mix. Your no name, generic, or store brand works best. Do not use Dr.Oeker (sp?),Baking the cookies at low temperature and leaving them on the pan makes them spread out nicely, I use canned cream cheese icing, Don't forget that if you make you use real cream cheese, you will have to store the cookies in the fridge, These can be left out for a couple of days at room temperature, After that, I put them into the fridge or in a cool spot at night,.
- I always double this recipe, They will go fast.
Easiest cookie recipe ever. They are tasty and fun for the kids to help with.
We loved these cookies. My husband said they are way better than oreos. I did adjust the size of cookies rolling them to about walnut size. Otherwise a very easy and tasty cookie.
These are yummy, very large (4"), chewy cookies. However, they don't taste at all like an Oreo. I'll try again and make the balls the size of large marbles, to see if they bake up crisp - maybe then they'd be more like Oreos. I'll also be trying different flavors of cake mix; spice cake mix will probably be similar to Little Debbie's.