1/1 Photo of Oreo Cookies - the Easy Way
Chef Dee's Note:
We made over 300 of these cookies for a school function. This recipe is simple to make and will not fail if you follow the recipe. Note the extra tips at the end of the recipe. Make them as large as you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pkg. size are approximate as I converted from metric.
- 2Pour the cake mixes into a large mixing bowl, whip through the dry mixture with a whisk breaking up the lumps.
- 3In a separate bowl, stir the remaining ingredients together, then add to the cake mix, stirring with a wooden spoon until smooth and moist.
- 4Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- 5Roll the dough into balls the size of an egg.
- 6Place 12 on a sheet, press down just slightly with 2 fingers.
- 7Bake at 325°F for 12 minutes.
- 8Let them cool on the pans for 5 minutes before removing.
- 9Let cool at least another 10 minutes, then frost one side with canned frosting.
- 10Tips: I've tried several different brands of cake mix. Your no name, generic, or store brand works best. Do not use Dr.Oeker (sp?),Baking the cookies at low temperature and leaving them on the pan makes them spread out nicely, I use canned cream cheese icing, Don't forget that if you make you use real cream cheese, you will have to store the cookies in the fridge, These can be left out for a couple of days at room temperature, After that, I put them into the fridge or in a cool spot at night,.
- 11I always double this recipe, They will go fast.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oreo Cookies - the Easy Way
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.8
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 362.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: