These little delights are so yummy and easy to make! (A real hit with cookie lovers of course.) I found this beaut on a cupcake blog some time ago, though I can't quite remember the site. I modified it slightly and totally recommend using a Betty Crocker's Super Moist cake mix. Try using chocolate cake mix and mint Oreos or special edition Oreos for a seasonal twist!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners. Set pans aside.
- Use 12 Oreos and split them in twos, place cookie halves in the bottom of each paper liner, cream side up. Toss the extra Oreos in a closed zipper-lock bag and crush them by easing a rolling pin over the bag. Set these aside.
- Blend sour cream, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and fold in cake mix. Use box directions for blending tips. Then measure out 1 1/2 cups of the crushed Oreos and fold these into the batter until well distributed. Set aside the remaining crushed Oreos for the frosting and or garnish. Spoon or scoop batter until each paper liner is 3/4 full. Place the pans in the oven.
- Bake the cupcakes until they are lightly golden for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove the pans and let them cool for 5 minutes before removing liners. After 5 minutes, remove the individual cupcakes and place them on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes before frosting.
- For the frosting use a packaged 16oz can (Vanilla) or your own favorite recipe. Soften and fold in remaining Oreo crumbles to your liking and put some aside to garnish as well.
- **Keep well sealed at room temp(lasts about 3 days) or refrigerate (up to a week), to your liking.