Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 18 ounces devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup water, cold
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Crisco
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup bitter cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- Blend all COOKIE DOUGH ingredients together until you can shape the dough into a smooth ball.
- Let it stand 20 minutes, loosely covered.
- Form dough into marble-sized balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten each with smooth bottom of a drinking glass greased once and dipped into Nestles' Quick Powder. (Or use sweetened chocolate drink powder).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Remove cookies at once from baking sheet, to paper toweling and at once, flatten each cookie with back of pancake turner.
- Let cool 20 minutes.
- Fill with COOKIE FILLING mixture.
- Cookie Filling:
- Soften gelatin in cold water.
- Place in heatproof cup in pan of hot water till gelatin is transparent.
- Meanwhile beat Crisco till fluffy, adding vanilla and sugar a little at a time.
- Beat in Gelatin mixture when it is completely cooled, but not yet "set" or firm.
- This is used to give the filling stability - as well as protein!
- When cooled, shape filling into 1 inch balls.
- Place between the two bottom sides of the cooled cookies, pressing gently till filling has spread to edge of cookies and rounded-out like the originals.
directions not very clear