1/35 Photos of Oreo Cookie Turkeys
Build an Oreo turkey with Oreos, candy and frosting. This would be a fun activity for (school-age) kids at a Thanksgiving gathering to put these together. They can display them at their dinner place and eat them for dessert....if they can wait that long. The recipe I am listing will be to make one dozen turkeys.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 Oreo Double Stuff cookies
- 12 miniature peanut butter cups
- 12 malted milk balls
- 1 cup candy corn
- 4 ounces chocolate frosting
- 4 ounces white frosting
- red food coloring
- 1Place one Oreo cookie as the base. Put one teaspoon of chocolate frosting on top.
- 2Place one small peanut butter cup on it's side so that the top and bottom are perpendicular to the base -- and stuck in the frosting. Place a teaspoon of chocolate frosting on the top(widest part) of the p-butter cup.
- 3For the second cookie. Stick some candy corn into the Oreo 'stuff' along one edge for the feathers -- pointy side down. They should fan out around the edge. If you have trouble doing this, you can help them stick with some white frosting.
- 4Place this second Oreo cookie (the tail) on it's edge and sticking to a dab of brown frosting on the back of the peanut butter cup.
- 5Place a dab of chocolate frosting on top of the peanut butter up (for the head). Place a malted milk ball on top for the head.
- 6Take a small amount of the white frosting in a separate dish. Mix in red food coloring.
- 7Use a toothpick with the white and red colors to place eyes, and wattle. You can pinch off the small pointy top of a candy corn and dip it in brown frosting for the beak.
- 8Your turkey is complete!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oreo Cookie Turkeys
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 150.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
malted milk balls