Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom has been making this for years. It's easy to make and unbeliebably delicious. The homemade chocolate layer is the key, so whatever you do....don't buy this off the shelf.
- Crush 24 Oreo cookies (with filling) and spread in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Drizzle cookies with 1/2 cup of melted butter (1 stick) and gently press.
- Cut or tear away the packaging for a 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream. Slice the ice cream into pieces and layer over the Oreo crust you just prepared.
- Press down again to make the ice cream layer even, cover, and freeze.
- Melt chocolate chips along with the 2nd stick of butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the sugar and stir.
- Add evaporated milk to the chocolate mixture and stir.
- Cook chocolate until thick while stirring. Once thick, stir in vanilla.
- Allow chocolate mixture to cool and spread over ice cream.
Huge hit for my daughter's birthday party! The homemade fudgy layer is delicious !!!