Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
these are my most requested chococlates! i found the recipe in a cooking magazine a few years ago and i have been making them ever since. they're so simple to make with only a few ingredients.
- 1 (550 g) bag Oreo cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temp
- 2 cups milk chocolate melts (approx)
- crush the oreo cookies in a food processor, half of the bag at a time, until fine crumbs.
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the crushed cookies until completely mixed together with no white streaks from the cream cheese.
- roll into half inch balls and place on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- freeze for 30 minutes.
- dip in melted chocolate.
So simple! Who knew that such an easy recipe would be such an enormous hit! I made this recipe tonight for my childrens dance recital and the platter was clean before I could go back for a second taste!
Although the recipe I use is from another member, these have been an annual addition to the cookie tins for the past few years. I wanted to add that we love the regular oreos in white chocolate and the mint and peanut butter oreos in the regular chocolate bark. I do cut back the cream cheese to 6 oz when using the flavored oreos because they come in a small quantity than the regular one. Enjoy!!
I made these and brought them to work....they didn't even last 20 minutes! My co-workers LOVED them! In addition to dipping these in milk chocolate, I also melted white chocolate and used a fork to drizzle designs on top of them...it made them look so professional and gourmet! Yum!