Recipe by Kathy Strickland
Sinfully rich and pretty dessert
Top Review by UnknownChef86
This dessert is phenomenal! I took it to our neighbor's tonight for Thanksgiving and my only regret was that I hadn't made more! :D I made a few changes, due to personal preference, as follows: I ran the Oreos through the food processor til they were finely crumbed, patted them into the pan and then firmly pressed them in place. I omitted the butter completely, feeling there was more than enough fat in the ground Oreos to compensate. While I was okay with how that change turned out, next time I'll probably add about 1/4 cup of melted butter to the food processor after the cookies are crumbed. If you don't mind that there are extra crumbs on the bottom of the pan...just omit the butter and sprinkle some extra crumbs on each plate as a "garnish" (see my photo). I baked the crust in a 325 F. oven for 6 minutes, then pulled it out and let it cool completely. Before I spread the cream cheese filling I put blobs of it evenly around the pan to minimize the "drag" on the crumbs, then gently spread it with a cake spatula (used for frosting cakes...worth getting!), though a table knife should suffice. I didn't have time to let it sit overnight, but due to the fine crumb of the Oreos, I didn't really need to do so. I refrigerated it for approximately 2 hours before we ate, and the taste and texture were more than acceptable. Also, I used Jello Chocolate Fudge flavor for the filling. Overall, this is an excellent choice for dessert. Did I mention that next week I'm passing the recipe on, per request, to two different dinner attendees? Thanks, Kathy, for a great recipe! While I made some (personal) changes, it wouldn't have been possible without your submission! :D
- 1 (18 ounce) package Oreo cookies, divided, crushed (save 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter or 1⁄2-1 cup margarine, melted
- 16 ounces Cool Whip, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk (3.4 ounce)
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour crushed cookies in 9x13 glass dish.
- Melt butter, pour over cookies.
- Mix 1/2 of the cool whip, cream cheese and powdered sugar, spread on top.
- Mix pudding with milk and sweetened condensed milk; beat until thick, spread on top.
- Spread on other 8 oz Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle with leftover cookies.
- Refrigerate over night.