1/4 Photos of Oreo Cookie Cupcakes
From Simple and Delicious magazine Sept 2007 - submitted by M. Wiebe. A quick and easy cupcake to throw together that is different from the usual white cupcake. Kids seem to love these. (Prep time does not include time it will take for cupcakes to cool completely).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely crushed (like Oreos, about 9 cookies)
- 16 ounces vanilla frosting (can be purchased, freshly made, etc.)
- 1/4-1/2 cup Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed for topping (additional)
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and egg whites. Beat on low speed until moistened, then beat on high for 2 minutes.
- 2Gently fold in cookie crumbs (1 cup).
- 3Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3rds full.
- 4Bake at 350F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick will come out clean.
- 5Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 6Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with additional crushed cookies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oreo Cookie Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 190.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies