Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on a blog called "Grace's Sweet Life" and fell in love with the idea of using an Oreo cookie as the "crust" for these tasty individual mini cheesecakes. They're great for birthday parties, baby shower or any time! You can also use mint Oreos and a little bit of mint flavoring and green food coloring to make a Minty Oreo Cheesecake Cup for a refreshing change.
- Preheat oven to 275°F
- Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- Place 1 whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each lined muffin cup.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed. (I've used a hand mixer and it worked fine).
- Gradually add the sugar, and beat until combined.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Drizzle in eggs, a little at a time, beating to combine and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add in sour cream and salt, beat to combine.
- Using a large spatula, fold in the chopped Oreo cookies.
- Divide batter evenly among the cookie-filled muffin cups, fill each cup almost to the top.
- Bake, rotating muffin tins halfway through, until the filling is set, about 22 to 28 minutes.
- Transfer the muffins tins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Refrigerate (in the muffin tins) at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- Remove from tins just before serving.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and some more crushed Oreo cookie if desired.