Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from 'Take 3 Cooks' cookbook. I've always been meaning to make it myself, because the pic looks heavenly, but have not yet gotten around to it. I'm posting this in response to a request, so let me know what you think! It suggests to use chocolate bourbon biscuits instead of Oreo cookies if you can't find them. Don't look at the calories! ;)
- 350 g Oreo cookies, crushed
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 800 g cream cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 175 g caster sugar
- 200 ml single cream
- 350 g Oreo cookies, broken into small pieces
- 400 g sour cream
- 29.58 ml caster sugar
- 59.16 ml sour cream
- chocolate curls
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- For the base mix the crushed oreos with the melted butter and press firmly into a 14inch (12inch would also work) spring-form cake tin.
- For the filling, whisk the cream cheese, eggs, and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the cream.
- Pour half of the mixture onto the cake base.
- Add the broken cookies and press down into the mixture.
- Pour the rest of the filling on top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for approx 25 minutes, the cake edges should look quite set.
- Take it out of the oven and increase the temperature to 240°C/475°F/Gas 9.
- Mix the sour cream with the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar and cover the top of the cake with the mixture.
- Make sure the oven has reached the new higher temperature and then return to bake for exactly 5 more minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and allow it to cool completely, before spreading the remaining 4 tbsp of sour cream over the top and topping it off by sprinkling on chocolate curls.
The flavours of this cheesecake are truly delicous, this would of been 5* but it needs longer cooking as following the recipe of bake for 25 mins it didn't set properly but still tasted amazing!
This is one of THE best cheesecakes I have ever made! It is easy and absolutely delicious. A definate no for those on diet, but a definate YES for all cheescake fanatics!!
A great and easy to make cheesecake. You can't go wrong with this one. The taste is based on the flavors of oreo cookies - LOL. The taste of the filling depends on your cream cheese choice. I used a low fat one. I love the fresh taste of the cheese together with the flavor full Oreo cookies. As Kim D mentioned, baking time was longer for me, too. I bake it for 40 minutes (step 8) and for 10 minutes (step 11). But baking time will depends on your oven. But you will see easily, when the cake is done. A wonderful cake, everyone will love this one. Thanks Sylvie for sharing.