Recipe by -Sylvie-
This recipe comes from 'Take 3 Cooks' cookbook. I've always been meaning to make it myself, because the pic looks heavenly, but have not yet gotten around to it. I'm posting this in response to a request, so let me know what you think! It suggests to use chocolate bourbon biscuits instead of Oreo cookies if you can't find them. Don't look at the calories! ;)
Top Review by aimeecrowther
The flavours of this cheesecake are truly delicous, this would of been 5* but it needs longer cooking as following the recipe of bake for 25 mins it didn't set properly but still tasted amazing!
- 350 g Oreo cookies, crushed
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 800 g cream cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 175 g caster sugar
- 200 ml single cream
- 350 g Oreo cookies, broken into small pieces
- 400 g sour cream
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- chocolate curls
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- For the base mix the crushed oreos with the melted butter and press firmly into a 14inch (12inch would also work) spring-form cake tin.
- For the filling, whisk the cream cheese, eggs, and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the cream.
- Pour half of the mixture onto the cake base.
- Add the broken cookies and press down into the mixture.
- Pour the rest of the filling on top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for approx 25 minutes, the cake edges should look quite set.
- Take it out of the oven and increase the temperature to 240°C/475°F/Gas 9.
- Mix the sour cream with the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar and cover the top of the cake with the mixture.
- Make sure the oven has reached the new higher temperature and then return to bake for exactly 5 more minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and allow it to cool completely, before spreading the remaining 4 tbsp of sour cream over the top and topping it off by sprinkling on chocolate curls.