1/6 Photos of Oreo Cookie Cheesecake
This recipe comes from 'Take 3 Cooks' cookbook. I've always been meaning to make it myself, because the pic looks heavenly, but have not yet gotten around to it. I'm posting this in response to a request, so let me know what you think! It suggests to use chocolate bourbon biscuits instead of Oreo cookies if you can't find them. Don't look at the calories! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g Oreo cookies, crushed
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 800 g cream cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 175 g caster sugar
- 200 ml single cream
- 350 g Oreo cookies, broken into small pieces
- 400 g sour cream
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- 2For the base mix the crushed oreos with the melted butter and press firmly into a 14inch (12inch would also work) spring-form cake tin.
- 3For the filling, whisk the cream cheese, eggs, and sugar until smooth.
- 4Mix in the cream.
- 5Pour half of the mixture onto the cake base.
- 6Add the broken cookies and press down into the mixture.
- 7Pour the rest of the filling on top.
- 8Bake in the middle of the oven for approx 25 minutes, the cake edges should look quite set.
- 9Take it out of the oven and increase the temperature to 240°C/475°F/Gas 9.
- 10Mix the sour cream with the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar and cover the top of the cake with the mixture.
- 11Make sure the oven has reached the new higher temperature and then return to bake for exactly 5 more minutes.
- 12Take it out of the oven and allow it to cool completely, before spreading the remaining 4 tbsp of sour cream over the top and topping it off by sprinkling on chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oreo Cookie Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.8
- Calories from Fat 476
- Total Fat 52.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 182.6 mg
- Sodium 567.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 10.5 g