25 hrs 30 mins
I have made this many times, it's an easy cake to make however it does require a few hours of chilling time to "ripen" the cream cheese mixture, also the cake must be cold this will allow the chocolate glaze to harden quickly when topping on the cake --- you can use your own favorite chocolate cake mix instead of the boxed
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar (for a sweeter filling increase the sugar slightly)
- 2 cups cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 10 -12 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1For the cake; prepare and bake the cake according to package directions using two 9-inch round cake pans.
- 2Remove each cake to a plate and allow to cool completely.
- 3Meanwhile prepare the cream filling; in a bowl beat the cram cheese with sugar until blended; fold in the Cool Whip topping and crushed cookies.
- 4Spread the mixture on top of one cooled cake layer.
- 5Top with remaining cake layer.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or up to overnight (the cake must be very cold for the glaze to harden).
- 7For the chocolate glaze; in a microwave-safe bowl combine all the glaze ingredients.
- 8Microwave on HIGH for about 1-1/2 minutes; remove and stir until smooth and combined.
- 9Allow the glaze to sit for a few minutes to thicken slightly.
- 10When the glaze has thickened pour onto the top of the cake and allow to drip down the sides (you may need to use the back of the spoon to help it along).
- 11Immediately refrigerate the cake until the glaze is firm.
- 12Store cake in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oreo Cookie " Cakester" Cake
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.2
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 458.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 49.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g