Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a co-worker about 25 years ago, long before there were so many flavors of Oreo cookies. I plan to experiment with the peanut butter flavor and vanilla ice cream. This is another easy recipe for kids to prepare. From the kitchen of Barb Gruzeski, Saint Louis MO.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 15 ounces Oreo cookies
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla or 1⁄2 gallon chocolate chip ice cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 15 ounces chocolate syrup
- Break up cookies. Save 1 cup for topping.
- Mix remainder of cookies with butter and spread in 9x13 pan.
- Layer ice cream on top.
- Pour syrup over ice cream. Freeze 5 minutes to somewhat harden chocolate.
- Add Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle the cup of cookie crumbs on top of Cool Whip.
- Keep frozen. Allow 10 minutes thaw time before serving.