Cook1 hr 30 mins
My daughter, Sara, got this recipe from work. She made them for her Dad and everyone loved them!
Make and share this Oreo Cookie Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb Oreo cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb white almond bark
- Using a food processor or blender, grind cookies to a ground coffee texture.
- Knead cream cheese and cookies until thoroughly mixed.
- Make large ball and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Roll into walnut size balls and place on wax paper.
- Place in freezer for 45 minutes.
- In double-boiler, melt white almond bark.
- Use a toothpick to dip balls in white almond bark and coat thoroughly.
- Place on wax-paper.
- Let cool.
- Store in an airtight container, in refrigerator.
So fantastic! I made 3/4 recipe (did not have quite enough cookies for a full batch) and got 21 balls. Instead of Oreos I used a "healthier" version of Oreos called WhoNu (they have extra vitamins & fiber) and used Neufchatel cheese. Could not find almond bark so used Ghirardelli white baking chocolate. The first 8-10 looked really nice but little bits of the cookie started to muck up the chocolate and the rest started to get lumpier and lumpier. They still taste awesome though! I had a little extra chocolate once done so I spread it thin on wax paper and added some dried cherries for a white chocolate bark. Thanks for the recipe Darla!
Addicting! I did not have white almond bark so I used Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Squares the first time I made them. The second time I made them I did not have Oreo cookies, so I substituted Do-Si-Dos (2 boxes 1 sleeve) from the Girl Scouts. The peanut butter and chocolate combo was great.
MMMMMM ... these were great. I dumped the cookies in the food processor and once crunched then I dumped in the cream cheese and let the food processor mix it all up. It worked like a charm. I made the balls a bit smaller as I was gearing this recipe towards children. That is until I tasted one - so good. They taste kind of like cookie dough but better. The only changes I made were to use mint oreos and low fat cream cheese. Thanks