Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Kraft, so simple & yummy. I'm not big on rum flavour so I used coconut extract instead but you could use whichever flavour takes your fancy or even leave it out altogether.
- 150 g Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup pecan nuts, chopped
- 50 g glace cherries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rum (optional) or 1 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- cocoa powder, for rolling
- COMBINE the OREO crumbs, condensed milk, pecan nuts, cherries and rum in a bowl until well mixed.
- ROLL heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls. Roll in cocoa and chill until firm.
Made these as part of Thanksgiving dessert. They were gobbled up very quickly. They only need a thin coating (do not cake on) of cocoa or you will choke on the powder.
my gosh this is a taste of heaven, I made this as a trial run for the holidays and will be making again, you need a sweet tooth for these they are quite rich and sweet, I used dark rum and increased to 1 tablespoon which was just the perfect amount of rum flavor, thanks for sharing Mandy!