Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the type of muffin you can indulge in every once in a while. Moist and yummy! :)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese (don't use nonfat)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled Oreo cookies
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375 degrees.
- Spray tins with Pam or use paper liners.
- If using silicone muffin tins, spray as directed, then place on a baking sheet.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl until uniform. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese with 2 Tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla until well blended. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat softened cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed for 1 minute, until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Continue beating without disturbing until mixture is light and pale yellow, about 2 minutes more.
- Slowly pour in remaining 1/2 C sugar, while beating at medium speed for about 3 min.,or until no sugar can be felt when a little of the mixture is rubbed between fingers.
- Beat in egg until well incorporated, then beat in buttermilk and remaining vanilla.
- Stir in oreos, using a wooden spoon.
- Stir in flour mixture until moistened.
- Spoon 2 heaping Tbsp of batter into each muffin cup; gently spread it with back of spoon so that it touches the sides of the indentation and is as flat as possible.
- Mound 1 heaping tsp of ricotta mixture on top of batter in each muffin cup.
- Spoon remaining batter on top of the ricotta filling dividing it evenly between the cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 minute or until tops are bumpy and speckled golden brown.
- Set pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minute.
- Gently rock muffins back and forth to release it.
- Remove from pan and let cool 5 min more before serving.
- Cool completely before storing or freezing.
- Will stay fresh at room temp for up to 2 days or frozen for 2 months.