Prep 5 hrs
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from Kraft website and is so tasty, not to mention easy. I like to use the holiday oreos for a little kick once in ahile. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 36 Oreo cookies, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, divided
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- HEAT oven to 325°F Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends extending over sides of pan. Finely crush 24 cookies. Melt 1/4 cup butter; mix with crumbs. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- BEAT cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each just until blended. Chop remaining cookies. Gently stir into batter; pour over crust.
- BAKE 45 minute or until center is almost set. Cool. Meanwhile, microwave chocolate and remaining butter in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min.; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; spread over top of cheesecake. Refrigerate 4 hours. Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan before cutting to serve.