Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you want cheesecake and your Oreos too, this is a recipe to try! Note: Prep and Cook times do not include 4 hour chilling time.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Oreo cookies, divided (reserve 6 to 8 cookies for garnish; optional)
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (at room temp.)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperture lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream (at room temp.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream (to garnish) (optional)
- additional Oreo cookies, halved (to garnish) (optional)
- Finely crush 26-30 cookies and set aside.
- Coarsely chop remaining cookies and set aside.
- Mix together finely crushed cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- Press cookie/butter mixture on the bottom and two inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- Blend in lightly beaten eggs, one at a time, stirring by hand, to mix well after each addition.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla, until well blended.
- Fold chopped cookies into the cheesecake batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes or until set.
- Cool on wire rack at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Run a thin blade knife around the inside of the pan between the pan and crust, being careful not to cut into the cake.
- When cooled to room temp, refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Remove side from pan; garnish with dollops of whipped cream, and a cookie half (placed cut side down into each dollop).
Sorry, but I found it too cream cheesy, not enough sweetness/flavor.
This is a good recipe but my friends thought it would be better just a little sweeter.