Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
WOW! After scarfing about 5 of these, I knew I had to share the wealth!!! If reading this recipe makes your mouth water, wait until you sink your teeth into one--I hope you enjoy them as much as my family and I do:)
Top Review by Terrilynn
I tried this today because my daughter is having some friends for a sleep-over. Instructions and ingredients are easy, took no time to make. I baked it for 35 minutes which I found to be too long. Although good, it came out too hard for our tastes if eaten plain but, if you microwave for just a little bit and add ice cream and chocolate or hot fudge sauce - now your talking good eats.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Oreo cookies, chopped-about 15 cookies (I chill them so they're easier to cut)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Have ready a greased or non-stick 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter together until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat; cool 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla, and eggs; beat until light.
- Add the chocolate mixture, flour, and salt; blend well, but do not overmix.
- Gently stir in the Oreos.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-38 minutes--DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.