Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
I found this recipe online a while back. It is quite different. Although I have not made it yet, I thought someone else may like too. Hopefully you love it! 8)
- 4 cups day-old French bread or 4 cups regular bread, in cubes
- 16 Oreo cookies, coarsely broken
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl, combine the bread cubes with broken cookies and set aside.
- In separate bowl, blend milk, sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract; pour over bread mixture.
- Stir to coat evenly.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2-quart round casserole.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.