Chef mariajane's Note:
Another simple and delicious dessert from Kraft - love it!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 8 squares baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon hot coffee
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups oreo vanilla ice cream
- 1CRUST: Combine crumbs and melted butter. Press into a 9-inch springform pan.
- 2FILLING: Melt chocolate and butter over hot, not boiling water stirring often.
- 3Beat egg yolks with hot coffee and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat egg whites until just stiff. (Do not overbeat).
- 5Stir melted chocolate into the yolk mixture and then fold in egg whites. Pour over crust and freeze until firm (about 2 hours).
- 6Spoon ice cream over chocolate layer and spread into an even layer . Freeze until firm and unmold.
- 7TOPPING: Melt chocolate with butter and corn syrup. Pour over top and down sides of torte. Freeze for several hours or overnight.
- 8Garnish with mini oreo cookies and whipped cream. When ready to serve, carefully slice with a hot knife.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oreo Blitz Torte
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.0
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 104.7 mg
- Sodium 170.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Oreo cookie crumbs