Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another simple and delicious dessert from Kraft - love it!!
- 1 1⁄3 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 8 squares baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon hot coffee
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups oreo vanilla ice cream
- 4 squares baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- CRUST: Combine crumbs and melted butter. Press into a 9-inch springform pan.
- FILLING: Melt chocolate and butter over hot, not boiling water stirring often.
- Beat egg yolks with hot coffee and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat egg whites until just stiff. (Do not overbeat).
- Stir melted chocolate into the yolk mixture and then fold in egg whites. Pour over crust and freeze until firm (about 2 hours).
- Spoon ice cream over chocolate layer and spread into an even layer . Freeze until firm and unmold.
- TOPPING: Melt chocolate with butter and corn syrup. Pour over top and down sides of torte. Freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Garnish with mini oreo cookies and whipped cream. When ready to serve, carefully slice with a hot knife.