Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I came across this recipe, while searching my folder for kids recipes to hand over to my son's friend. I remember making this on a regular basis when my son was little, and I think I has every kid over at my house when I made these, everyone just loved them. The great thing about these, is you can be very creative with different candies or nuts or both, you can make lots of these and have them ready in a covered container in the freezer, just ready to enjoy. A wonderful treat for any season--actually, grownups enjoy these too.
Top Review by Hill Family
Yummy!! These were a good dessert. I made mine with just peanut butter and oreo cookies, but when I make these again I will experiment with other candy. Thanks Kitten for the new snack/dessert.
- 8 wooden popsicle sticks
- 4 bananas, halved crosswise
- 12 Oreo cookies, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons assorted decorative candies, well crushed (like Smarties, or M&M'S plain or peanuts, or any kind of candy that you desire to use)
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully insert one popsicle stick into the end of each cut banana; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix chopped cookies and candy sprinkles; set aside.
- Carefully spread each banana with peanut butter; roll in cookie mixture to coat.
- Put bananas on a cookie sheet; place in freezer until firm.
- If storing in the freezer for more than 8 hours, place the bananas in a covered container.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.