Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My sister's co-worker brought these to a party and they were quite a hit. I don't know where the recipe came from originally. "Bark" is an artificial chocolate or vanilla candy coating/confectioner's coating used to make a treat called almond bark and can be found at most grocery stores near the chocolate chips. You can use chocolate chips and white chocolate chips if you don't have almond bark, but I have found that almond bark melts better and is easier to work with.
- Using a blender or hand held mixer, mix Oreos and cream cheese together.
- Roll into walnut size balls.
- Chill for an hour.
- Melt approximately 3/4 package of white almond bark.
- Stick a toothpick in an Oreo ball and dip it in the melted white almond bark.
- Allow to harden on wax paper.
- Takes about 15 minute.
- While waiting, melt about 1/4 package of chocolate almond bark.
- When Oreo balls are no longer sticky to the touch, decorate with drizzles of chocolate and white almond bark.
- I just use a sandwich bag with a tiny hole cut in one corner to drizzle the almond bark.
This recipe tastes great but from my experience, these don't turn out well with a hand mixer. The easiest (and least messy!) way is to simply toss the cookies in a blender and chop... once they're a crumb-like consistency, then add the cream cheese and use the hand mixer in a large bowl so they're smooth. This way, they roll into a nice round ball without the big cookie chunks the hand mixer cannot crush. Enjoy! (:
Soaked Whole Maraschino Cherries in alcohol for 2 to 3 hours. Draind them on paper towel and than covered with Oreo Mix. Everyone loved them.
Absolutely a 5-star winner and so easy! I took another reviewer's advice and put the Oreos into the blender on "chop" until they were the crumb consistency I wanted. I then used my KitchenAid mixer to blend the crumbs and cream cheese, used a cookie/melon baller to make perfect round balls, and set them all in the freezer til solid. I had no problem dipping them into the melted almond bark and still keeping them in perfect form. It didn't take long to thaw out and everyone loved them, even with using Reduced Fat Oreos and 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese.