Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Wonderful truffle-like ball cookies. I bought the melting chips at Michaels. You can use dark chocolate or white chocolate too. I used dark chocolate and then drizzled with white chocolate).I like to store mine in the refrigerator and they do freeze well.
- 1 (1 lb) package Oreo cookies, crushed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 lb) package milk chocolate, confectionery coating (chips)
- Using a blender, food processor, or hand held mixer, mix Oreos and cream cheese together.
- Roll into walnut size balls (I did mine a little smaller).
- Chill for an hour.
- Melt the melting chips in the microwave according to package directions.
- Dip Oreo ball into chocolate.
- Allow to harden on wax paper. Takes about 15 minutes.
- When no longer sticky to touch, you can drizzle with white chocolate if desired.
This is, hands down, the most absolute yummiest treat to make EVER. So good and so chocolate-y without being terribly rich. Just a tip: To make it work you really need to use the (dark cocoa) chocolate wafers like the ones they sell at Michael's-- any other chocolate won't work as well!
These are delicious. DD always want these for the holidays. Thankyou for sharing your recipe.
This is such an easy recipe. My only trouble was getting the dipping chocolate down. I couldn't figure out a way to effectively dip them in melting chocoalte and get them off a utensil (i tried several chocolate dipping utensils, toothpicks etc). Ultimately I ended up with double toothpicking. I imagine this recipe would be good subbing nutter butters w/ a little peanutbutter too.