Recipe by TansGram
This looks really, really good! Comes from Kraft Food and Family magazine. (Cooking time is freezing time.)The size package for the pudding may or may not be right. It wouldn't let me put in 4 serving size, but that is what you need!
Top Review by ktenille
This was delicious. The pudding was a little thick to spread but I think next time I'll thin it out with a little milk because there will definitely be a next time. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate fudge topping, warmed
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 1 (3 ounce) packagejell-o chocolate instant pudding (4 serving size)
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the fudge topping into a medium bowl.
- Stir in 1 C of the whipped topping with a wire whisk until it's well blended.
- Add in the dry pudding mix; stir 2 minute or until well blended. (The consistency of fudge topping can vary depending on what brand you purchase. If your fudge topping mixture is too thick to spread easily, stir in 1/4 C milk.).
- Chop the Oreo cookies roughly into chunks.
- Stir into the pudding mixture.
- Arrange 4 of the ice cream sandwiches, side by side, on a 24x12-inch piece of foil; top with half of the pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Top the pudding mixture with the remaining 4 ice cream sandwiches.
- Frost the top and sides with the remaining whipped topping. (It doesn't have to look perfect!).
- Bring up the foil sides. Double fold top and ends to loosely seal the packet.
- Freeze at least 4 hours before serving.
- Store leftover dessert in the freezer.