Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This looks really, really good! Comes from Kraft Food and Family magazine. (Cooking time is freezing time.)The size package for the pudding may or may not be right. It wouldn't let me put in 4 serving size, but that is what you need!
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate fudge topping, warmed
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 1 (3 ounce) packagejell-o chocolate instant pudding (4 serving size)
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches
- Pour the fudge topping into a medium bowl.
- Stir in 1 C of the whipped topping with a wire whisk until it's well blended.
- Add in the dry pudding mix; stir 2 minute or until well blended. (The consistency of fudge topping can vary depending on what brand you purchase. If your fudge topping mixture is too thick to spread easily, stir in 1/4 C milk.).
- Chop the Oreo cookies roughly into chunks.
- Stir into the pudding mixture.
- Arrange 4 of the ice cream sandwiches, side by side, on a 24x12-inch piece of foil; top with half of the pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Top the pudding mixture with the remaining 4 ice cream sandwiches.
- Frost the top and sides with the remaining whipped topping. (It doesn't have to look perfect!).
- Bring up the foil sides. Double fold top and ends to loosely seal the packet.
- Freeze at least 4 hours before serving.
- Store leftover dessert in the freezer.
This was delicious. The pudding was a little thick to spread but I think next time I'll thin it out with a little milk because there will definitely be a next time. Thanks for a great recipe!
Tastes fantastic and looks great! It was a little difficult adjusting the fudge mixture to make it spreadable but other then that, it was fairly easy to make. I did a double batch and since it was twice as big, things started to melt/thaw as I was building the layers. If you do a double batch, I would suggest unwrapping all the sandwiches first and leaving them in the freezer rather then unwrapping as you go.
My kids love this dessert. I like this because it can be made ahead of time and kept in the freezer. thnks for the easy dessert recipe.