Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Perfect for Mardi Gras, from The Southern Heritage Celebrations cookbook.
Make and share this Oreilles De Cochon recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat; let cool.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl until light and frothy.
- Continue beating and gradually add melted butter.
- Stir in flour mixture, mixing well, to form a dough.
- Divide dough into 16 equal portions, rolling each portion into a ball.
- Roll each ball out into a 8-inch circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Drop a pastry circle into hot oil using a long-handled fork; immediately stick the fork tines in the center of the pastry, and twist quickly.
- Hold with fork until set (pastry will fold over on itself, forming an "ear"); cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels. Repeat.
- Pour syrup into a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Dip each pastry in hot syrup, coating well on both sides.
- Sprinkle with pecans; let dry on buttered wax paper.