Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've been informed that there are not sufficient zucchini bread recipes posted on Recipezaar. Moreover, it has been noted that there are specifically not enough zucchini pineapple bread recipes on the site.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, unpeeled
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup hazelnuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Stir in the shredded zucchini and pineapple.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients just until moistenend.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until blended. DO NOT overmix!
- Divide the batter into 2 greased and sugared 5x9 inch aluminum loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Try this with a cream cheese frosting with hazelnut extract!
Very good and has a lovely blend of flavors - prefer this to other similar type breads.
For us I did cut oil back to 3/4 cup and sugar by 1/2 cup. This is to accommodate our tastes but other people liked it that way too. The cranberries and hazelnuts are what makes this bread a step above others. So the only reason for a 4 rating is the amount of sugar and oil.
Absolutely wonderful in WA, too! Nutty, distinctive, moist. My #1 favorite zucchini bread recipe! Leftovers are great thick-sliced and toasted. The basics of this recipe are the same as #9350 Zucchini Pineapple Bread, but the cranberries, hazelnuts, and nutmeg give it an entirely different taste.