1/4 Photos of Oregon Tuna Salad
Lavender Lynn's Note:
This recipe is from Seafood Oregon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid red pepper seasoning
- 1 avocado (about 12 ounces)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna, drained
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1Whisk together lime rind and juice, olive oil, honey, cumin, salt and red-pepper seasoning in medium-size bowl until blended.
- 2Pit and peel avocado. Cube. Add to dressing. Toss to prevent.discoloring.
- 3Flake tuna into bowl with the avocado and dressing.
- 4Add red pepper, water chestnuts, and cilantro to tuna. Toss to combine.
- 5Serve chilled over bed of lettuce or use as a sandwich filling.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oregon Tuna Salad
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.5
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 640.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 22.2 g