- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid red pepper seasoning
- 1 avocado (about 12 ounces)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna, drained
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together lime rind and juice, olive oil, honey, cumin, salt and red-pepper seasoning in medium-size bowl until blended.
- Pit and peel avocado. Cube. Add to dressing. Toss to prevent.discoloring.
- Flake tuna into bowl with the avocado and dressing.
- Add red pepper, water chestnuts, and cilantro to tuna. Toss to combine.
- Serve chilled over bed of lettuce or use as a sandwich filling.