Recipe by MailbagMary
I can't remember where I got this recipe, but it makes the best salmon cakes I have ever had! I like to use leftover fresh salmon if I can, but it's great just the way it's written.
Top Review by Outta Here
Very nice, and easy! I used some leftover baked salmon, and subbed milk for the liquid that would have been on the canned salmon. The mustard gives it a bit of zip. Served with recipe #418804. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup cracker crumb
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the salmon, reserving 3/4 cup of the liquid. Flake the meat. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, and cook until tender.
- In a medium bowl, combine the onions with the reserved salmon liquid, 1/3 of the cracker crumbs, eggs, parsley, mustard and salmon. Mix until well blended, then shape into six patties. Coat patties in remaining cracker crumbs.
- Melt shortening in large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties until browned, then carefully turn and brown on the other side.