Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oregon is the US leader in hazelnut production.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 gravenstein apples, unpeeled, cored, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted oregon hazelnuts
- butter lettuce, for lining plates
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Make the mayonnaise: in a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the salad: in a big bowl, combine the chicken, apples, celery, onion, cranberries, and hazelnuts; toss with the dressing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- To serve: divide the chicken mixture evenly among 4 lettuce-lined plates.
Love Hazelnuts and Hood River, OR - MUST try this recipe. Will and let you know.