Recipe by mydesigirl
We love soup in the Fall and Winter! If you're going to make this one...please use a light tasting beer.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 11 ounces beer, flat
Directions See How It's Made
- ***Have all ingredients ready for mixing before you begin cooking.***.
- Melt butter in a large kettle-let butter froth but not brown.
- Add vegetables and saute until tender.
- Gradually blend in flour,turning heat down slightly.
- Add salt and dry mustard,rolling it between your fingers to avoid lumps.
- Cook mixture until it begins to brown.
- Add chicken broth,return to high heat.
- Add cheeses,blend and stir constantly.
- Add beer.
- Bring to a boil only for a minute,reduce heat and serve.
- ***Note-To reheat-Place in oven and warm slowly(275 degrees)so cheese won't curdle. Do not use direct heat.***.