Recipe by - Carla -
Tomatoes are not only one of our favorite foods, but they're also one of the best from a nutritional standpoint. Tomatoes are a reliable source of vitamins and minerals--they are especially notable for being high in vitamin C and a good source of vitamin A.
- 4 large flavorful tomatoes
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tomatoes in half horizontally and place in a shallow flameproof baking dish.
- Beat the butter with the oregano, garlic, Parmesan, salt and freshly ground black pepper in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture over the sliced side of each tomato.
- Broil the tomatoes under medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the oregano topping begins to just turn golden.
- Serve and enjoy!