1 hr 35 mins
Recipe Junkie's Note:
A delicious recipe I got from a newspaper clipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Heat two tablespoons olive oil in large pan and saute garlic and onion several minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes, oregano, lemon slices an bay leaves.
- 5Book over medium high heat about thirty minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Reduce the heat and add the port.
- 7Cook about 15 minutes longer until the sauce is rather thick.
- 8Turn off the heat and set aside.
- 10Cook the manicotti noodles in a very large pot until almost al dente.
- 11Note: The noodles MUST be undercooked to stuff them.
- 12Slice the tofu, then mash in a large bowl, add ricotta, sour cream, egg and oregano.
- 13Combine well.
- 14Add the mozzarella and parmesan and stir to incorporate.
- 15Stuff each noodle with the cheese mixture, preferably with a baby spoon or 1 t measuring spoon.
- 16Rub a 9x13 inch baking dish with one T olive oil.
- 17Arrange the stuffed manicotti in the pan in a single layer.
- 18Spoon the sacue over them along their center and bake, covered 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oregano Pesto Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.1
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 768.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 28.6 g