1/2 Photos of Oregano & Lemon Pork Kebabs
This recipe comes from New Zealand celebrity chef Mike King courtesy of the NZ Pork Industry Board. The marinade is simple to prepare and imparts a wonderful smell and aroma to the pork. As written, this recipe includes my favorite vegetables for kebabs but you should feel free to use your own. Cooking time includes marinading the pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary sprig
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Choose 2 or 3 from a selection of vegetables
- 1For the marinade combine all ingredients in a resealable plastic bag or non-reactive bowl.
- 2Trim the pork of all visible fat and cut into 1 inch cubes. Place cubes in bag and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes. (You can also toss the vegetables in if you like. Mushrooms and zucchini are especially good in absorbing the flavor.).
- 3In the meantime soak wooden skewers in water.
- 4Wash and cut vegetables for kebabs.
- 5Thread kebabs alternating between the pork cubes and vegetables. Depending on the size of your pork cubes and the length of the skewers, you will have 1 large or 2 small skewers per person.
- 6Place on indoor or outdoor grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oregano & Lemon Pork Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.6
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 91.9 mg
- Sodium 76.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 35.3 g