Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I serve this over fresh greens or chilled pasta
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped dry-packed sun-dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- In small bowl, whisk togheter vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Cover sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain and add to dressing.
- Stir in oregano.
A stew recipe I was trying, called for a bottled Sun Dried Tomato/Oregano dressing, which I couldn't find in the supermarket. Thank you for posting this recipe. It worked very well. :)
I served this with green beans and can't wait to try it with pasta. I used a bit more oregano (we've got a forest's worth of the stuff in the garden!) and tomato than specified; simply because we love the flavours and because I could :-)
Very good. I enjoyed the flavors of the oregano and the sundried tomato in this, although the vinegar was a bit too strong. Next time, I would use far less vinegar.