1 hr 30 mins
Got this easy recipe from a friend of mine who loves game hens so I thought I would post it here for you to try sometime. i like these, but don't make them as often as I could/should.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cups small white bread cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1Remove bags of liver and neck from hens, rinse hens and pat dry.
- 2Rub skins with oil.
- 3Season hens inside& out with salt,pepper and oregano, set aside.
- 5Make stuffing by heating butter till bubbly (do not burn).
- 6Add onion and celery and cook for 1 minute.
- 7Stir in bread cubes, oregano, celery salt, pepper and water.
- 8Loosely stuff each hen with 1/4 of the stuffing.
- 9Place stuffed hens in a roastin pan and cook at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 10Reduce heat to 350 and roast for another 30 to 40 minutes or until juices run clear when thigh is pricked with a fork.
- 11Place on warm serving platter.
- 13Skim off exces fat from juices in pan, add water and butter.
- 14Simmer for 2 miutes, season to taste and serve with hens.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oregano Cornish Game Hens
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.5
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 263.2 mg
- Sodium 291.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 48.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white bread cubes