Recipe by Dib's
My friend Carol and myself made this up one afternoon to feed our crowd something different-this is really good-and if you like, add sliced green olives to the mix-yummmmm.
- 1 (17 ounce) box phyllo dough, thawed
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 medium chicken breast halve
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen spinach (thawed and drained or squeezed)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 teaspoons oil
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 12 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet and add 2 T. oil along with 1 t. each oregano, pepper and salt.
- Add 4 pieces of chicken and cook, turning once until done.
- Remove and repeat with remaining chicken, oil, oregano, salt and pepper (two more batches).
- In the same skillet saute onion, garlic and zucchini for 4 minutes.
- Add the romas, spinach and mushrooms and cook to medium doneness.
- Pour into a colander to cool and drain.
- Place in a large bowl and toss with the 1 cup of cheese.
- Place 1 sheet of dough on the counter and oil your hands, make prints and place another sheet on top.
- Place 4 T. of veggie mixture on the double sheets, about three inches in from the edge, and centered.
- Place a cooked chicken piece on this and top with 3 more T's veggie mixture.
- Take the edge of dough closest to you and fold over the chicken, and then roll one more time.
- Fold the ends over to make a"bundle" and continue to fold away from yourself until you have a square packet.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet and repeat with remaining veggie mixture and chicken.
- When done bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove, brush bundles with oil and sprinkle each with 1 t. cheese.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes more.