Recipe by Irmgard
A delicious combination of pasta, beans and tomatoes created by Michael Chiarello. My version saves time by using canned beans. Please note that I have added the standing time at the end into the cooking time.
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 1 1⁄4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed
- 3⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 8 cups orecchiette, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a preheated casserole dish, pour in 1/4 cup olive oil, add the garlic cloves and allow them to caramelize, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree, simmer about 10 seconds, and then add the beans along with their liquid.
- Sprinkle the top with the cherry tomatoes, thyme, parsley, red pepper flakes and 1 cup of olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve over the orecchiette.