Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe for pasta (any kind you like) angel hair or other small shaped pasta. It is served with already prepared & seasoned bread crumbs. Very simple & satisfying dish. Hope you like it. This recipe has been tweaked but I found it on the Foodnetwork Channel with Giada de Laurentis.
- In a large pot, bring to a boil 6 qts of salted water. Cook pasta until al dente; about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile in med-sized saute pan heat oil until warm. Since the bread crumbs will cook quickly, you don't want to add them into a hot pan.
- Add the breadcrumbs & stir constantly you may want to season lightly with salt & pepper, since flavored bread crumbs already have seasoning.
- Saute for about 2 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain pasta in colander. Working quickly; add pasta to saute pan & stir to combine.
- Add Parmesan & prosciutto & mix thoroughly.
- Pour into large serving bowl & garnish with chopped parsley.
This dish was really easy to make, but there was nothing spectacular about it. I think if it wasn't for the parmesan cheese, my dh and I would not have finished what was on the plate. We gave it a shot, but I do not think I will be making this again. Sorry.
Very nice dish. I halved the recipe, since there's only two of and I chose the butter option for the crumbs. :)
We had this for dinner tonight. I needed something quick. I added the proscuitto that the original recipe called for. This was very good my husband loved it. Thanks. Lisa