Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
The combination of bacon, spinach, garlic, and onion really make this recipe a winner.
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach
- 6 -8 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb orecchiette, cooked (bowtie pasta works well too)
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box.
- While frying your bacon, defrost spinach in the microwave according to directions.
- Sauté onion in olive oil until tender; add the garlic and sauté two more minutes. Add the spinach to the onions.
- Crumble the bacon and add to the mixture.
- Turn the heat to low to keep spinach mixture warm while the pasta finishes cooking.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and place in shallow bowls, spoon spinach mixture over pasta and serve.
- •Serving Suggestion: Sprinkle grated cheese over top.
If the spinach mixture gets dry while it is heating, add more olive oil.
I love it!
Excellent side dish for sausage. The bacon added just the right touch.