Recipe by sunny_day
Creamy, fresh tasting pasta dish which was a recipe of the day from Yahoo. Simple to make and really filling.
- 1 lb orecchiette (ear shaped pasta) or 1 lb pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 lb savoy cabbage, quartered lengthwise, core discarded, and leaves very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in a 6- to 8- quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then saute cabbage, stirring until pale golden, about 6 minutes.
- Add scallions, chicken broth, and cream and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in peas, zest, dill, salt and pepper.
- Ladle out 1 cup pasta cooking water and reserve, then drain pasta in a colander.
- Combine pasta with cabbage mixture and 3/4 cup reserved pasta water in a large bowl or in pot.
- If pasta looks dry, moisten with some of remaining water.