1/1 Photo of Orecchiette With Sausage, Beans, and Mascarpone
Another one from Giada off of Food Network. I love this recipe because its light in fat and calories, yet rich, savory, and satisfying. I like to use hot turkey sausage to give it some zing. This is a very simple recipe, with a huge payoff. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- 2Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- 4In a large, heavy skillet warm the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 5Add the sausage and onions. Using a wooden spoon break up the sausage into bite-sized pieces as it browns.
- 6Continue cooking until the sausage is golden and the onions are tender.
- 7Add the beans and oregano cook for 2 more minutes.
- 8Add the mascarpone cheese and slowly add the pasta cooking liquid until a smooth sauce forms, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orecchiette With Sausage, Beans, and Mascarpone
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 771.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 921.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 34.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: