Recipe by amievv821
Another one from Giada off of Food Network. I love this recipe because its light in fat and calories, yet rich, savory, and satisfying. I like to use hot turkey sausage to give it some zing. This is a very simple recipe, with a huge payoff. Enjoy!!
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
T D F!!!! This is so good my world has been rocked to the core! So simple to throw together and extremely tasty! I used only 1/2 # of pasta but all the other ingredients as listed. I prefer using hot Italian sausage and it was not spicy because the mascarpone tamed any heat, so don't be afraid to try it. I used 1 teaspoon of dried oregano instead of fresh, worked perfectly. Be sure to use the orecchietta pasta because truly nothing compares. Thank you for posting.
- 1 lb orechiette pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a large, heavy skillet warm the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage and onions. Using a wooden spoon break up the sausage into bite-sized pieces as it browns.
- Continue cooking until the sausage is golden and the onions are tender.
- Add the beans and oregano cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and slowly add the pasta cooking liquid until a smooth sauce forms, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.