Another one from Giada off of Food Network. I love this recipe because its light in fat and calories, yet rich, savory, and satisfying. I like to use hot turkey sausage to give it some zing. This is a very simple recipe, with a huge payoff. Enjoy!!
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a large, heavy skillet warm the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage and onions. Using a wooden spoon break up the sausage into bite-sized pieces as it browns.
- Continue cooking until the sausage is golden and the onions are tender.
- Add the beans and oregano cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and slowly add the pasta cooking liquid until a smooth sauce forms, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.