1/2 Photos of Orecchiette With Sausage and Greens
Dona England's Note:
Use a combination of greens - like Kale, mustard, chard or spinach, whatever looks good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- 2Meanwhile remove sausge from it's casing. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat and cook the sausage until browned and cooked through.Transfer cooked sausauge to a large bowl.
- 3In the same pan add a tablespoon of olive oil and turn heat to high. Once the oil is hot, add half the greens. Let the greens sit for a minute undisturbed.
- 4Season with a pinch of kosher salt and crushed red pepper flakes to taste. Add half the garlic.
- 5Bein to toss the greens around until they start wilting. Once wilted transfer to the large bowl.
- 6Repeat with the remaining greens and transfer the greens to the bowl.
- 7Don't wash the pan yet.
- 8Cook the pasta in salted water. Reserve a cup of the pasta water.
- 9In the same saute pan add half the reserved cooking liquid and add the 1 tablespoon of butter. Let simmer until reduced slightly.
- 10Add the pasta to the large bowl with the sausage and greens.
- 11Pour the cooking liquid-butter mixture over top.
- 12Add the cheese and stir with a large spoon.
- 13Add more cooking liquid if necessary.
- 14Dish out the pasta topping with pepper and more parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orecchiette With Sausage and Greens
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 955.7
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 1587.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 41.5 g