Recipe by Pinay0618
I love roasted vegetables - this is a simple, meatless meal that's easy to throw together on a weeknight. From Real Simple.
Top Review by Liz K.
I love this combo, have made it several times, but always add chicken to make it a meal. But I feel like it needs one more ingredient to really blend all the flavors. Carmelized onion? Maybe I'll try adding that.
- 12 ounces orecchiette (3 cups) or 12 ounces some other short pasta (3 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli, walnuts, oil, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast, tossing once, until the broccoli is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the broccoli mixture, butter, and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. (Add more water if the pasta seems dry.) Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.